Thursday, May 21, 2009

| new project |

At my house we are ALL girl. I am so used to girly shirts, colors, activities, you name it! I have a baby shower coming up and my friend is having a boy. What a boy?! What on earth am I going to make for a boy? I honestly racked my brain forever trying to think of something. Sure I can make a blanket, and some bibs (which I am doing), but what else....

I found this tutorial at Tangled & True a long time ago, and had all kinds of ideas for girly shirt I was going to make Kayla, but then realized I could make a cute boy onesie too!

I printed the whale on the fold of the onesie, and I really like how it turned out.


Here is some detail of the whole whale.


This was a fun little project. The screen printing was actually pretty easy, and not really even that time consuming. The problem was the stitching around the collar. I should have just hand sewn it. In fact I think the look of hand sewing would have been really cute. I just thought the machine would be so much easier and quicker. Maybe for Amy, but DEFINITELY not for me. I unpicked it 3 times before I just decided it was going to have to just be the way it was.

Can't wait to make more shirts and onesies. I think I am hooked!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

SUPER CUTE! Maybe there are cute things you can make for boys after all...Well that YOU can make for boys maybe not ME ;)

mkdesign said...

Amber this is super cute!! You have inspired me to want to make some for McKayla.

Shelli said...

Oh, that did turn out way cute! We will for sure have to make some more.
I talked to Amy and she does want some of those onesies. She just needs to decide what colors, so do you and I. We will figure it out.
I will call you later.

Katie said...

What a fun shirt! You are so talented.

The Richardsons said...

What a cute idea! You take such cute pics!