Monday, July 6, 2009

| july.04.2009 |

We had a fun filled holiday WEEK this year. We made sure to pack in plenty of events and see how mad we could make Kayla :) She was a pretty good trooper through most of it. (until 8pm hit)

On Wednesday we visited the {City of Fun}, rode the rides, ate 2 corn dogs each (I loved every bite), had some funnel cake, and watched the carnies. Kayla didn't love all the creepy men helping her get buckled in on the rides and she would just start crying the moment they came near her. She seemed to enjoy some of the rides, but not many! 


On Saturday I started out the morning with a run. I did the Riverton 10K. Which was quite an accomplishment for me. I can't really say I have been training for it, but for the past 3 weeks I have at least tried to go running. I haven't run for over 4 years now, so it was really fun to be able to run the 10K. I was glad to have family along side me to keep me going. Hopefully the next time I run another one it will be faster, but I don't think I did too bad for my first time ever. 
We spent the afternoon at my parents, and I forgot to take pics of the water balloon war! Maybe we will have to have another one so I can get pics :)

We then went to Bryan's parents to watch fireworks. We always have our yearly tradition of taking pics of all the grandkids together. I did get some good ones, but this one is by far my favorite...only because this whole "tradition" of taking the picture is always quite entertaining. It isn't too easy to get all the kids to cooperate at once. But as you can see, Kayla had her cheeser ready wether or not everyone else was ready. Silly little girl.

10 comments:

Shelli said...

Did you know that the fourth of July is seriously my favorite holiday. Well, favorite after Christmas. I love it all. I am glad that you ran the race with me. It was fun and we are going to make it a tradition. I took some good pictures for you didn't I!

Amy D said...

Wow those pictures make the City of Fun look so much cleaner than I ever remembered! (I'm not sure if the compliments go to Amber or Shelli or both of you?) Love the pic of all the girlies, Kayla's face was cracking me up!

Shelli said...

Actually I think that the city of fun was a lot cleaner this year.

Lisa said...

Way to go Amber! Were you sore the next, i so would've been, I haven't ran forever either! Amy looks so good for just having a baby,that is amy, right?!

Lisa said...

ok on second view, don't think thats Amy?!

Amber said...

Ha nope it is Shelli! But Amy does look pretty dang good!

Lauren said...

So fun! Sorry we missed it all. I love the grandkid pic. Kayla's face, Amy's arm holding up Avery, Addelyn going after Olivia, Olivia wanting NOTHING to do with it! Awesome! You runners are hot stuff! Good for you guys that is awesome!

The Richardsons said...

You are amazing!! I really do mean that!! I could never run a 10k I might die alongside! It looks like you guys had a fun filled weekend! We should do lunch sometime really!!!

LeShel said...

SUPER WOMAN!! Running a 10K on only a few weeks of training. Amazing! Your daughter has grown so much! I can't believe your baby is not really a little baby anymore.
Love all your talent and fun ideas. Still wish you were near here so you could decorate my house. If you ever come to Wisconsin I need you to stop by and give me some ideas.

Becky Ahlberg said...

The 4th was so fun! I think you all did so well in the race. I can't wait to cheer you on again next year. And the pictures of Kayla at the carnival are so cute! I don't blame her for being scared of the guys strapping her in! I would be too! And I always love the pictures of the grandkids. It is a highlight of the day! One of these days, we need to try to get a picture with all five of them in it. Now, that would be an accomplishment!