Monday, October 19, 2009

| Disneyland |

Yes I know I have been MIA for a while, but sometimes ya just need a break! I was there.

This year for our family vacation we decided to go to Disneyland, simply the happiest place on earth right?! Well, not so much for Kayla. She LOVED riding the tram that took us to Disneyland, and couldn't stop cheering for all of the waterfalls outside of the entrance, but once we entered the park and hopped on our first ride, Kayla quickly became frightened by all things! The rides that were for kids were still really scary for her, they were dark and things kept popping out of the walls, oh and it was REALLY loud. No wonder she was scared. So, we had to make sure all the rides that we rode were outdoor ones. She had no problems with those!

So I will start from the beginning. There are A TON of pics. And we had fun, I am glad we went, but we will save Disneyland for a time when Kayla is older.

Here is a picture of Kayla waiting at the airport. Why on the floor, I don't know, but she was happy!


Here are some pics of us waiting to get into the park, we got there about 10 minutes early and there was hardly anyone there, it turned out to be a perfect day to go.



Kayla saw goofy from afar and really wanted to go see the "doggy", she was all excited and cheering and could hardly wait in line. Once we got up to him though, SHE HATED HIM. She sobbed, as you can see. It was kind of funny.


Luckily for us, she happily took a nap while there. It gave us all a good break, and Bryan and I sat and ate chocolate covered bananas. Yum.


Bryan also went and rode Splash Mountain while she was napping. He said this is his favorite ride and couldn't imagine coming here without riding it. He was one happy camper, especially since the wait was only 15 min. He is the one in the back with his arms up.


Kayla did love the Tiki Room, but I don't have pics, they don't allow them in there. She had fun climbing this tree though. I was exhausted by this point. My legs ached from hiking all the steps. I don't know how she did it! There were A TON of stairs.


We also visited the petting zoo, which Kayla loved. She likes to poke the animals though not pet. She kept trying to poke them in the eye. What's up with that?!



Kayla's favorite ride in Disneyland...DUMBO! She loved it. She would let me jerk him all around and just giggle the whole time. I am glad she liked something while we were there.

The next day we spent our time at California Adventure. We all really liked it here. There were a lot of little kid rides Kayla really liked. We rode plenty of rides over and over again. This is our only family picture we got. Lame, we didn't ever dare ask people to take one, but someone offered for this one.


And as you can see by this shot, Bryan enjoyed the kiddy rides!


Bryan also rode the roller coaster while we were there. Kayla and I rode the carousel 7 times! She loved it. She loved getting to pick a different sea animal each time, and was very particular about which one. I actually really thought it was fun to see how happy she was.



Our last day there we spent at the beach. I love, love, love the beach. It was fun going. We spent quite a while there, until we realized we packed no food and were all starving.

It was pretty windy so there were a lot of waves, and surfers, but also a lot of DOLPHINS. It was so cool, there were so close to the beach. I don't think I have ever seen that before. I know that they are hard to see in this shot, but there are dolphins there I promise! They just swam amongst the surfers.


We would dig Kayla a hole and then fill it up with water, she is pointing for Bryan so he knows right where the water goes. So funny.




We of course found plenty of sea shells. Which Kayla loved to watch wash away in the waves.


She also had to chase the birds, she loves birds. But just couldn't quite get her hands on them.


Love this face.


We had tons of fun, and it was a nice an needed break. Maybe next time we try for Disneyland Kayla will like it...we will see!

8 comments:

LeShel said...

perfect fun! together as a family!

Shelli said...

So fun! I love the pictures. Kayla is just so cute. I love, love, love, love her, and the rest of you too! Thanks for finally sharing some pictures.

Katie said...

I am so glad for you guys! I can totally see waited for her to be older. Family vacations are so much fun!

Lauren said...

What a fun trip. Even if she didn't love everything Disneyland had to offer :) I love Bryan on Splash Mountain so funny! The pics of Kayla on the beach are so cute too. Vacations are much needed!!! Glad you guys were able to go have a great time.

Lynne said...

I'm so happy you were able to go take a break. It' looks like lots of fun.

mkdesign said...

She is too cute and getting so big. We need to get together sometime soon.

Becky Ahlberg said...

It looks like fun, even if Kayla wasn't thrilled with Disneyland. Bryan looks happy though! I love the beach pictures. Kayla looks so grown and so cute!!!!!

MEGandJEFF said...

That trip looks AWESOME, Amber!! I'm glad that Kayla liked some of the rides :) And man! She's getting SO big! I love that she pokes the animals..that's too funny:) Yay for family vacations..it looks like a good one :)

P.S. We still need to get together!