Well we had a WONDERFUL christmas this year. It was busy, and chuck full of events. I will kind of be 'back posting' a bit after this post of our pre-christmas activities, but for now here is the Christmas morning post!
We decided to have a homemade Christmas this year, it was tons of work, but WELL worth it. Bryan built Kayla a kitchen and we spent many hours getting it done. It turned out quite nicely though, I am really happy with it. So was she!
She ran straight downstairs cheering for Santa the whole way, and saw the gift and quickly began wripping off the wrapping paper.
And ran straight back to us when she opened it. She was so excited. She gave us hugs.
After that, there was not much present opening. She would tell us no every time we would ask if she wanted to open more. It was fun to see how much she liked her gift. Well worth all the work!
We did get her to open a few more things after a while. They were mostly clothes anyway. Not too exciting. I did make her a little doll, not the best pic of the doll, but she loves her. Maybe someday I will make clothes...maybe.
We spent the rest of the morning at my family's house eating way too much food and opening more gifts. We did squeeze in a 3 hour nap in the afternoon, so it was a GREAT day for all!
Merry Christmas everyone!!!









7 comments:
The kitchen is so cute! I love it. You guys did a nice job. I am glad that she loves it. I love the picture of her getting in the oven.
Does she like her doll? I am still disappointed that I didn't get mine done...
I can't wait for more posts...
That kitchen is incredible & wonderful!! I love it! I also love that she ran straight back to hug you guys..what a sweetie you have! I have come to the conclusion that simple is the way to go..esp w/ kiddos..they don't need mountains of presents to be happy. (I know I don't have any kids of my own yet, but nieces & nephews have helped me come to this conclusion.)
ANYWHO, I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas :) You should post some pics of you, my dear!
You and Bryan are SOOO talented! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!
That turned out so good! I was a little worried about whether she was going to fit in the oven...I'm happy to see that she does!
Kayla is such a cutie. I'm glad you had such a fun Christmas!
You and Bryan did such an amazing job on the kitchen! No wonder Kayla likes it so much! And I love her cute PJs. They look so warm! Very fun!
Okay how cute is that! Kayla and the kitchen :) The look on her face is shear joy! You guys did good and the kitchen turned out fabulous!
i love your homemade Christmas!
Post a Comment