Monday, January 25, 2010

| kaylas birthday festivities |

Well, Kayla sure did have a fun filled birthday week! We made sure of that.



When Bryan got home from work we went and got her favorite meal, pizza and breadsticks. Which she ate only breadsticks. No pizza. So funny.

We then let her open her gift. Which she loved. It was a baby Elmo that talks and kicks. She loves him.
(it takes a lot of concentration as you can see to feed him)



We were then off to walmart to let her pick out her own fish. Well, five fish to be exact. The names are as follows: Pink (both orange fish), cookie, elmo, and popcorn (the white fish). 


I am pretty sure Bryan is the most excited about the fish. I catch him looking over the bowl all the time.



On Saturday we had her Elmo birthday party. She was so excited all day long waiting for everyone to come. It was so much fun having all our family over. And especially nice because I got to see my sisters brand new little baby! (pics of him coming soon)


And in true Ahlberg tradition, we did the kid shot, which is usually VERY painful for all involved. Not this time though! They were all so cute!


Then the present opening began. Kayla was even nice enough to share a gift with her cousins to open. Which were clothes and I am pretty sure once Addelyn discovered that she didn't even finish opening the gift :)

And lets just say, present opening was quite the whirlind. But I love her face begging me to open her princesses.

She did good and even blew out her own candles this year. She is such a cute little girl. I just love her.







Thanks to everyone for making this birthday such a fun one. Kayla loved every single minute of it!

And Becky just sent me a few photos from the night too. They got to our house a little before the party started. Kayla had just gotten done having an hour long cry session, and so these photos are kind of funny. You can see her tear stained cheeks. Glad she wasn't this way for the whole party.







(I love this shot. She was smirking while everyone sang happy birthday to her. And I love all her princesses lined up watching.)


7 comments:

Amy D said...

Those are great photos, they crack me up. Kayla is such a cute little gal. Thanks for letting us partay!

Joseph and Divinity said...

Those cupcakes turned out amazing! I am glad she had a great birthday!

Shelli said...

It was such a fun party! I love the photo of all the kids. I loved the little smirk while we were singing!

Lauren said...

Crandall had such a great time. The whole way to the party he kept saying "Oh Happy Birthday and play at Kayla's house." I am so glad that we all get to be close enough to enjoy these special days! Crandall loves all his cousins so much!

MEGandJEFF said...

Kayla is such a spunky gal! She musta got that from her mom :) I love her expressions :)

Cute, cute party, Amber..now I want a cupcake!

Lynne said...

What a fun birthday! It's amazing how fast it goes by and how much they understand at such a young age. By the way--you are looking very cute with your little tummy poking out!

Shanny said...

The party was great. The girls had a blast. We need to let them play together more.