Wednesday, October 20, 2010

| P- to the O- to the t-t-y! |

Just in case that made no sense at all, KAYLA IS POTTY TRAINED!! Yipee. I can't even hardly keep my excitement in over this wonderful feat we have accomplished. This is not my first attempt ever, the first was a not so good experience. She was barely over 2, and let's just say, definitely NOT ready. This was probably our third attempt. I don't really feel it should be an issue that should be pushed, so I never pushed it. (oh trust me, I wanted too,  I wanted her out of diapers SO bad). This time around Kayla saw a potty at the store and told me she was a big girl and wanted to use it. So we went for it. It took a little time, and patience, but man oh man when she figured it out, it was smooth sailing! She is a champ. And so proud of herself. And one of these days I will have to get the potty dance on video, quite funny. I just love my little Kayla.

I had to snap this pic of her the other day in her undies. Super funny. More funny because she LOVES hanging out in this bouncy toy. I usually have to fight her out of it so Mitchell can have his turn. (she had a skirt on this day, hence the exposure of those little cheekies)


And since I am TOTALLY terrible at blogging, and have a million and one things to catch up on blog wise. Here is a cute pic of Mitchell taken on Bryan's birthday. We threw quite the mean 30th birthday party!

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Hooray for the big girl! I am glad that she is doing well. It is soooo nice to have them potty trained. I am loving my couple months of no diapers. I love that she called the outhouse witch at Gardner Village a "big girl." She is a cutie.(Kayla, not the witch)

Becky Ahlberg said...

Hooray for Kayla! That's such an accomplishment. And that picture of her sitting in the activity center is hilarious! I love the picture of cute Mitchell in the party hat too! Two cute kiddos! I just love them!