Saturday, May 23, 2009

| why not |

So since I had all of my sewing stuff out from making all the baby shower stuff I figured I would just keep on going. I recently bought a TON of fabric, and I received some advice from a very wise friend who said I better make sure I use it all, and not just buy it and let it pile up. Since then I have just sat an found TONS of patterns online for little outfits I could make for Kayla.

Well I wasn't really in the mood to sit and read patterns and try and figure out what the heck they are trying to tell me to do, so I decided I was just going to come up with my own.

I have seen a really cute dress on Shabby Apple for quite some time now and yesterday when I looked at it I decided I was just going to go for it. What is the worst that could happen right?!

Well it turned out GREAT! I love the little dress. Kayla looks adorable in it! I need to take a picture of her in it, but she was just too wiggly to let me get one when I put it on.


10 comments:

Brooke said...

You made that! So adorable! I think the Alhbergs need to start some family classes so that we can learn how to do some of the amazing stuff you guys do! I'd be the first one to sign up!

Shelli said...

It is really cute. Was it Amy tell you not to let your fabric pile up? She is always telling me that she has too much fabric, but I am pretty sure that Trevor thinks that she needs more.
Anyway, I love the dress, and I am going to try some of my own.
Rock On!

Lauren said...

That turned out adorable! Great work Amber your confidence in sewing has gone through the roof, you are so brave now! If that was me the worst that could happen would :) I love it I bet Kayla looks SOOOOOOO cute in it!

Sonya said...

so cute! you amaze me!

Amy D said...

I'm pretty sure I AM indeed the wise friend and Shell is absolutely right, Trev is always asking me to please go buy some more because our basement still has room for PLENTY more bins of fabric... enough about me.

It turned out so cute! I can't wait to see the funny little gal model it. I need to make Avery's lemonade dress now...I just have to find the fabric in one of those bins...

Katie said...

I am Amazed! You have such talent.

LeShel said...

your dress is adorable!!
You are so talented. I wish I could afford to fly you to my house and decorate! I'm still sitting with empty windows and bare walls because I have no idea what to do. Oh the skill of decorating!! Hope your family is doing well.

Janet Stevens said...

So cute! Love the lemon fabric!

MEGandJEFF said...

So, I'm FINALLY returning to blog-world, decided to check out your new blog, and lo & behold: What a cute dress!! You are so creative!! We still need to get together for lunch..but until then, I'll be checkin' your blog!

Heather O said...

That is so adorable! Way to go, I am impressed.