Saturday, February 28, 2009

| 2.2.8.09 |

2.28.09??? What? Where did time go. Tomorrow will be the third month of 2009. Yikes. I feel like some days time is just going by to quickly for me. I have so many things to accomplish, but yet none of those things ever seem to get done. As I got home tonight from enjoying a WONDERFUL evening with my fam I realized how much I forgot to do tonight. That HAD to be done! Ugh. Ward newsletter...check. Speaking assignments for enrichment...check. Check all my new emails in my inbox and email all urgent messages back...check. Check. Check. Check. 

I have been on this big kick lately where I want to try so many new things. New design techniques that I am into. New photography things. New sewing things. New house decor things. All these new things are making it so I can't get ANYTHING accomplished. Instead I just have a list of things I can seem to ever CHECK off.

But yet, the one thing that seems to always distract me, is something I couldn't be more grateful for. Little Miss Kayla. She seems to change all of my schedules, and keep me from getting much of anything done, and loves to make messes. But I seriously don't know if I could be any happier than I am now being a mother. I find myself just sitting amongst a pile of her toys just happily smiling. Not stressing. Not caring. I guess when people say motherhood isn't all it's cracked up to be, they are right. It is MORE!

So. Goodbye February. Hello March. We can't wait for what you will bring.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

Aren't kids the best! You should see my list of projects to do, and I am pretty sure that you saw the top of my dresser where all my half finished projects are. There is always time for play time though. Thankgoodness fo kids that keep us having fun!

The Brannon Family said...

Yeah, I too understand! My list includes sorting clothes and getting maternity stuff out of my closet, putting ALL clean laundry away, clearing of my dump table... yet I always choose to just hold Gabbie for her nap instead of putting her in her crib to sleep. 6.5 more weeks and I have to return to work. I am not wasting a second of this on the other stuff!

And who knows, I may want to pull those maternity pants out for my fat days... NOT!!!