A while back Kayla and a few of her cousins went to the mall and the Easter bunny was there. Addelyn really, really wanted to see him. So we ventured over. Kayla STRONGLY opposed the idea. STRONGLY. The tears started to flow instantly. And mind you, she wasn't anywhere near him, she was just seeing him from a distance. She was very concerned for Addelyn's safety. She kept saying, "no, no, no!" with constant tears flowing down her face. I am not going to lie, it was pretty funny. Luckily we snapped a few pics.
Here is a pic of the girlies with their bunny ears. Which Kayla loves, and still wears around the house.
I also decided to make an easter dress for Kayla. Long before I realized Easter Sunday was also general conference. So, now she doesn't need an easter dress. But I still really wanted to make it. I am happy with how it turned out. It was time consuming, but fun! I like it when a project works :) She especially loves the dress. She has told me thank you a million times for it.
We can't wait for this weekend. Bryan will be home for a nice long weekend, and we are ready to just sit and enjoy all the family time together watching conference!

13 comments:
Poor girl. Mean mom. I am pretty sure I remember you pointing out the Easter Bunny and then thinking it was funny that she was terrified.
Oh and I love the dress. Where did you get the shoes?
Wow that is a pretty dress, she'll have to wear it the following Sunday. Too bad she was afraid of the bunny, that is pretty funny though.
Yes, I did think it was funny. I am a mean mom. Still think it's funny!
Shoes are from Old Navy
That is so funny about the Easter Bunny! (My kids have always been anti-santa/easter bunny too for some reason...) And OH MY LAND that dress is adorable - you are amazing! Enjoy your conference weekend with Bryan!
She's still cute, even when she is crying! And I love the dress. You did a great job, and Kayla looks darling!!
That first picture is enough to break your heart, but I am sure there was plenty of comedy involved as well. The dress turned out SOOOOO cute she looks adorable in it!
Also where was I on this Easter Mall outing???
:) she looks seriously stressed out about the Easter Bunny! Pretty funny, though:)
That dress is incredible!! I'd wear an adult version of it! Too, too cute!
Love the dress!! Can't wait to see it on her in a week!
And I love the picture of her crying. So cute and I agree, funny.
I thought I commented on this already, but it must have got lost in the internets somewhere...
Her dress is adorable, as is she. Can't wait to see it up close. It was fun sewing with you!
Oh my goodness that dress is so adorable! Great job!
Please teach me to make that dress!!!
Post a Comment