Wednesday, April 7, 2010

| Easter 2010 |

Well, I can honestly say we THOROUGHLY enjoyed our Easter this year. It was so nice and relaxing (well at times)! We were able to go to the aquarium, and take Kayla to lunch, and enjoyed some movie watching as well. And then to top it all off we had Sunday with Bryan HOME all day with us. I couldn't have asked for more.

We dyed eggs one of the days Bryan was home. Kayla loved it, except we just couldn't move fast enough for her. Eggs were in and out so many times. She just liked fishing them out with the little metal thing. But she did dye some pretty cool colors so its all good!
(this one was obviously her favorite at the moment!)

And yes, 2 eggs are missing. Bryan and Kayla ate them in the middle of dying. She loves eggs. Loves. So they stopped for a brief intermission and snacked on a few.

We had a fun party at my moms on Saturday, but I of course didn't take a single pic. I will have to steal some of hers. 

We had our Easter bunny hunt Sunday, Kayla was pretty funny this year. She just wanted them opened so she could eat what was inside. It took over 30 minutes for her to find all her eggs. And that's mostly because the contents of each egg was trying to be consumed before she would go find the next. It was pretty funny. 

She got a baby stroller for Easter as well. She has pushed it around non-stop since then. Bear is getting more rides than I ever think he imagined!

We then had a wonderful Easter dinner and ANOTHER egg hunt at the Ahlberg's. Here are some of the pics Becky sent me.
She got a box of books and I am pretty sure she made almost everyone in the house read them to her!
And don't worry, this egg hunt went like all the rest. No interest in picking up eggs, just really wanted to eat what was inside. She would point to them and tell me "you do it" while munching on her piece of chocolate.

3 comments:

Amy D said...

That's kind of how the Easter egg hunt went for us too...except that it might have been me stopping to eat the candy out of Avery's eggs...

Kayla is adorable as usual.

PS. I'm glad to see Bryan still has the skiing lady pj's I helped you pick out all those many many years ago. We have good taste.

MEGandJEFF said...

Man you guys did Easter in style!! I love how cute she looks in her big ol' Race For The Cure t-shirt :) That coat & hat in the last couple pics are pretty dang cute, too!

How are you feeling?

Becky Ahlberg said...

She really does like the treat aspect of egg hunting! But, then again, who doesn't? Easter was so much fun! And Kayla is so dang cute!