Sunday, October 6, 2013

| memorial day 2013 & grandma lyon |

I don't have many pictures. But these pictures in particular are special to me. I have grown quite fond of my sweet grandma over the past few years. I have had more time with her than I can ever remember just getting to know her. Know who she is, what her life was about, and how silly her little personality is. We find ourselves visiting her often, and loving every minute of it. On Sunday evenings as we are wrapping up dinner our kids always ask, "mom, can we go visit Great Grandma Lyon?" They look forward to it as much as I do. She laughs and giggles at all their funny things they do and say. We almost always can get Mitchell to perform in some sort of way, song, dance, whatever. And of course the visits wouldn't be complete without some sort of treat! My grandma was a baker...hmmm...guess it's genetic! So she always appreciates some sort of homemade goodie.

We visited my grandpa's grave this memorial in Heber. She is so sweet and tender while we are there. And usually sobs the entire time. She comes prepared though and makes sure to bring a whole box of tissues! Half the time she is laughing and crying. I just love her! We naturally end the trip with a trip to the Dairy Keen. And my grandma ALWAYS gets a huge chocolate shake to enjoy.




I took these pictures at Christmas time of my Gandma. I love this shot of her. For a while there after she had her stroke she would keep her hand in front of her mouth because she was so self conscious of her speech. But her face is so endearing here. She was at a really hard stage then. Not happy like she used to be, it was very recent after my grandpa had passed. Now she is back to her bubbly self, keeping everyone on their toes!



2 comments:

Becky Ahlberg said...

Priceless pictures of you and your grandma. It sounds like you got more than just your baking skills from her. Because everything you love about her is what we love about you - your fun, bubbly, happy personality and your beautiful smile that is rarely not seen on your beautiful face!

Lauren said...

Relationships with grandparents are just priceless. We are so lucky that our kids get to know their great grandparents. I agree with my mom, your grandma sounds a lot like you ;).