Saturday, October 19, 2013

| Sojo 5k |

I recently ran the stake 5k and did better than I thought I could, so I figured I would just keep pushing myself to see what I was capable of.

I was lucky enough to run this race with my sisters (in law). And I am so glad we all ran together! Its fun to all be working towards a common goal, pushing each other to boundaries we weren't even sure we could go to.

This race was thus far my personal best. And I am so happy it went so well! It's fun to run a race and actually have a chance at winning. I didn't quite win, but I did take 2nd place in my age division. It's my time that makes me happy though, 24:44 min. I was even a little surprised when I heard my final time. I didn't think I had it in me! I guess that's what is so great about a race. You discover you are capable of more than you thought.

Thanks for running with me girls!!

3 comments:

Becky Ahlberg said...

You ladies rock! I'm serious. I think the world of every one of you. Congrats to four of the most beautiful women, cute and busy moms, and wonderful daughters I know!

Lauren said...

It was so fun! Your time was awesome! I'm going to steal your photo, hope that is ok ;) Love ya!

Shelli said...

You are my favorite running partner! I can't wait for our next race.