Sunday, November 24, 2013

| time out for women |


I was able to attend TOFW this year with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. They have gone for quite a few years, but I have yet to attend. This year I had no excuses so I decided to go for it!

I really enjoyed this experience. I really needed it as well. And for far more different aspects than I realized. I have gone through some things in my life in the past year that I never expected, anticipated, or ever thought I would have to. And at times I still really struggle with it. This conference was just what I needed to heal. Some words were said that literally pierced my soul. I felt as though my Heavenly Father was telling me it was alright, and that I was not alone, nor was I the first to experience this. A weight was lifted off my shoulders.

And beyond that moment it touched me in many other ways. I think we all strive and yearn to be better women, mothers, and wives. But this gave me so many ideas and challenges to really push me towards those goals. And to help me see that I am just like everyone else, battling each day to be the best at it. I learned that I can conquer my fears, that I should not just pray, but I should pour out my soul to my father in heaven. I learned that speaking more kindly and lovingly can affect those around me in profound ways. I learned that I have a really deep desire to have the scriptures come to life. That I honestly am excited to open the book and see and learn all that there is to learn. I learned no matter what our life is, what our circumstances are, it is all about how we look at it. It is only our attitude that makes it good or bad. I learned I have more power in my life than I really realized. That I can and will determine it's outcome. Sure trials may come, but I make it what it is. 

Such a needed and wonderful experience. We all need a time in our life to stop and evaluate where we are, and where we want to go. I felt like this did just that for me!



2 comments:

Stacey said...

Such a wonderful post. I am amazed daily how our Heavenly Father continually finds ways to comfort us when given the oppertunity.

Becky Ahlberg said...

I'm so glad you came with us this year, and I'm so sad that whatever it was happened to you. You are one of the most sweet and kind people I know, and I love you so very much. I'm glad you found the peace you are deserving of. Love you.