Saturday, September 7, 2013

| if I can't enjoy...they might as well!|

Since starting my 12 week challenge I think my hardest mental battle is sweets. I mean come on, I think I am genetically predisposed to eat them. Either way, I am only a week in and quite honestly the temptation is not leading me to anger like it used to. (I may have cursed the dang challenge a few times in the beginning). Now I am just learning to embrace my lack of snacks with a bowl of carrots or a handful of cashews.

Today while I was cleaning the kitchen I walked out to get the vacuum and came back to this.


Mitchell helping himself to a bag of chocolate chips, while feeding the animal child below him. They were quite the pair. Normally I would have snatched the bag, and eaten a handful myself just for the sake of showing them whose boss! But I resisted, and even let them just enjoy their stolen snack. In fact, a part of me may have hoped they would just finish the bag already so it would stop staring me down!

2 comments:

Becky Ahlberg said...

Talk about getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar! Those two boys are full of it! And oh so cute!!! Love them!

Lauren said...

I bet I could find a similar picture of my boys. Nothing but trouble! Love it!