Thursday, September 5, 2013

| mirror lake 2013 |

Blogging?? What's that. Anyway, heres to the new me! I am not going to go back, try and catch up, or care about whether this is in order. Otherwise I will never even do it! So for now, I just am going for it.

We try and do Mirror Lake every year, this year we ALMOST didn't make it. But man, am I ever glad we did! It was a blast, we did a shorter trip this year and just went one night. The plan was to fish as much as humanly possible, and that's exactly what we did. The kids loved it, Cohen squawked at us the whole time for more food, or would try and just b-line it straight into the lake. He figured it out after a while though.




Lots of fish were caught. Mitchell started us out right!


Cohen wanted to hold them SO bad!



Kayla was next in line to catch a fish. She was quite proud.


Grandpa was nice and let the kids real in his fish.
 

But still got the glory pic!

And they just kept catching!!


The best part for me was the early morning trip to the lake. We woke the kids up early so that they could catch tons of fish without a crowd. As I headed to the lake a few mins after everyone since I was in charge of packing up breakfast and lunch, I saw the most gorgeous sunrise I have seen in a long time! The lake was perfectly still, and the cool air was wonderful. I want to go back and wake up early every morning there!







We had plenty of time to be silly, play in the dirt, feed the squirrls and I even got to take a run around the lake while they fished. We enjoyed our little mirror lake trip, just like we do every year!




This may be the best shot I have taken of Cohen in his short life. Such a silly boy. He always says "cheese" when I take his picture. He is saying cheese here, but this face is quite the sight. I love this little man. LOVE him.



2 comments:

Becky Ahlberg said...

Wow! A blog post from Miss Amber is cause for a celebration!! I love the pictures of your cute kiddos and their handsome dad and grandpa, and the sunrise looks amazing!! I'm so glad you didn't let "life" get in the way of your trip this year.

Lauren said...

Oh Cohen! I could eat him up! Mirror Lake is so beautiful! You got some great pictures! I am sure the run around the lake was awesome!